Consider the graph below, excerpted from The Science of Archery & Shooting Sports: Volume 2 from Schottenbauer Publishing.
- Sketch the position of the gun at the following points: (a) Initial Position, (b) Any Intersecting Lines, (c) Final Position.
- How far does the nozzle travel in the x direction? In the y direction?
- How far does the butt travel in the x direction? In the y direction?
- Describe the shape of motion.
- What is the average speed of the nozzle in the x direction? in the y direction?
- What is the average speed of the butt in the x direction? in the y direction?
- Is this most likely a toy rifle or a toy handgun?
Graphs and data on archery and shooting sports can be found in the following science lab manuals from Schottenbauer Publishing:
Graphs & Data for Science Lab: Multi-Volume Series
- The Science of Archery and Shooting Sports
- Volume 1: Archery
- Volume 2: Shooting Sports