- How does the arrow sit on the bow? Draw a sketch of the arrow in the bow, in the following positions:
- Bowstring loose
- Bowstring drawn to maximum
- How large is the arrow, proportional to the bow? Describe the following proportions. Are there any other proportions which might be relevant to understanding the bow and arrow?
- Arrow length divided by bow width
- Arrow length divided by bow height
- Arrow mass divided by bow mass
- What is the balance point of the arrow? How does the balance point affect the trajectory of the arrow?
- What would occur if the arrow were weighted towards either end?
Graphs and data on archery can be found in the following science lab manuals from Schottenbauer Publishing:
Graphs & Data for Science Lab: Multi-Volume Series
- The Science of Archery and Shooting Sports
- Volume 1: Archery
- Volume 2: Shooting Sports